Rescue Buddees is a small non-profit organization aimed to "rescue" families in need. 100% of all donations are given to families in need.
Yes, we know what you’re thinking, “ANOTHER sub-for-Santa?” Did you know that 45% of Americans admit they do not expect to have enough money to cover holiday expenses? Did you also know that 1 in 3 Americans are only one paycheck away from being homeless? That means there are over 179 million people that will have to choose from paying their bills or providing Christmas for their families. These are your neighbors, family members, coworkers and others you pass in the grocery store.
Therefore, we have decided to create Rescue Buddees, where families can be “rescued” from the difficult times surrounding the holidays.We are currently looking for people - individuals, families, church groups, companies and friend groups - that are willing to provide a Christmas to those in need. Likewise, we are also looking for families in need of a Rescue Buddee.
VOLUNTEER TO BECOME A RESCUE BUDDEE!
Each Rescue Buddee has the choice to either donate money or sponsor a family. We prescreen the families to ensure we are helping those who have immediate needs. 100% of monetary donations will go to the families. We are transparent in how the donations are used, and if you donate money, we will notify you of where and how your money has been used to benefit the families.
IF YOU WISH TO DONATE MONEY:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the amount you'd like to donate and any additional details about your desire to help out.
IF YOU WISH TO SPONSOR A FAMILY:
We ask that you can provide (at a minimum) the following:
- 1 new outfit per child
- 1 pair of new shoes per child
- Toys, games and other items considering the ages and interests
- Optional – you can choose whether to provide gifts and clothing for the parent(s)
- Optional – you may purchase food or gift certificates for food or grocery items
*We ask that all toys and clothing are new and not used. The average price per individual is around $100
To ensure you have the best experience possible, please be sure you are willing and able to deliver the items to the family (all families this year are located in Utah County). Please have the items delivered by December 21st unless the family requests otherwise.
PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW BELOW IN AN EMAIL TO RESCUEBUDDEES@GMAIL.COM
- How many members are you willing to sponsor?
- Are you willing to meet and deliver the gifts? (required)
- Please list your name, phone number and email so we can send you your family’s info.
After we receive your form, we will pair you up with a family in need (your new Buddees). We will include all you need to get started including: Names, ages, interests, needs and contact info.
RECEIVE A RESCUE BUDDEE
If you and your family are needing help this holiday season, please answer the following questions:
*Please note that all families this year must be located in Utah County
- Tell us a little about you and your family.
- Please list the names and ages of each member; please note each members needs and interests (including sizes of pants, tops and shoes.)
- Would you prefer the gifts to be wrapped or unwrapped?
- Please list a phone number your Rescuers can use to set up delivery times and locations.
In order to provide the best experience possible, we would like each family (or a member of the family) to meet their Rescue Buddee(s). This means you and your Rescuer will work together to come up with a delivery plan.
There are so many good people in the world. And we want you to know that you are one of them. We know if you choose to become a Rescue Buddee, you are making a huge difference in the lives of these families.